Shell in a Nutshell
A scholarship with Shell Malaysia opens a world of possibilities including opportunity to pursue undergraduate studies in global top tier universities, participating in mentoring, internship programs, and upon graduation, embarking on a promising and fulfilling career.
All You Need to Know: Shell
- Engineering: Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Petroleum, Electrical & Electronics, Environmental, Sustainable
- Sciences: Geology, Geosciences, Geomatics, Geophysics, Data Science
- Commercial: Business & Management, Digital Marketing
- Strong leadership skills and active participation in extracurricular activities such as societies and clubs, sports, etc.
- Not presently holding other scholarships/loans
- Consistently strong academic achievements as follows:
Minimum 8As (A/A+) in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) OR Excellent O-level grades at IGCSE (A*/A)
- Prior to application, ensure you are eligible to work in the country where the scholarship program is offered.
- Not exceeding 18 years of age at the enrolment date for the foundation studies
- Certificates of Participation / Achievement
- SPM/IGCSE Transcript
- Scanned Identification Card
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Parents’ Salary Slip of EA form
- Passport-size photo
- Cover letter
- Reference letter (optional) - I did not include this in my application so don’t be too worried about it!
*All must be Certified True Copy
* All should be in PDF form
- Stage 1: Online Application
- Stage 2: Online Assessment
- Stage 3: On-Demand Video Interview
- Stage 4: Final Interview
- Why do you want to work at Shell?
- Describe a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds
- Describe a situation where you had to be sensitive
- Describe a time where you had to influence others around you
- Describe a situation where you had to learn something really quick to adapt to a new environment
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell us about how you expanded your existing knowledge or skill
- Describe a situation where you worked as a team
- Talk about a time when you made a mistake and how you moved forward
- Talk about a time when you had a team member who wasn't performing and how you motivated them
- Talk about a time when you asked multiple people for their opinion on something and the conclusion you came to
- Talk about a time when you had to juggle many responsibilities but you had to deliver results
*Note that the questions for the video interview and live interview are very similar so you can expect these questions for both stages
“Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure". The articles below will guide you through the ins and outs of applying to these prestigious scholarships, so that you can successfully attain one!